PRO-TECH Design & Manufacturing, Inc.
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Your privacy is important to us at PRO-TECH Design & Manufacturing and so is being transparent about our data protection practices.
In this Privacy Notice, PRO-TECH Design & Manufacturing is collectively referred to as, “PROTECH Design”, “PRO-TECH”, “we”, “us”, or “our”.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to:
- All PRO-TECH Design websites, social media sites, communications, advertisements, and other online services and resources that display or link to this privacy notice (collectively, our “website and online services”).
- Information about you collected offline or via phone calls (e.g., information contained in a business card provided to us at a trade show or visit to our offices, or information provided to a customer service representative over the phone).
- Individuals employed or otherwise engaged by our customers (i.e. medical device companies)
- Individuals employed or otherwise engaged by our service providers or professional advisors
- Information about you shared with us by third parties as well as publicly-available information collected by us.
This Notice describes the types of information we collect, the purposes for which it is used, and the choices you have with respect to how we use your data. We encourage you to read this Notice to understand our privacy practices before using our Services.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your California privacy rights, please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice below.
I. Information We Collect and How We Use It
A. Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal Data Collected
We collect information that can be used to identify or contact a person (we refer to this as “personal data”). Personal data includes information that does not directly identify you by name or include your contact information, but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our website and online services and which if combined with certain other information could be used to identify you. The types of personal data we collect and process include:
- Full name
- Engagement information (order, engagement and collaboration history; contractual relationship information; inquiries, feedback and comments; content contained in email exchanges with us)
- Contact information (work or home postal address; work, mobile or home telephone number; work or personal email address)
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Employer or agency, industry, and job title
- Log data and Location data
- Survey response data
- Cookie data (including third-party cookies and related data)
- Education and experience information (resume information; professional experience; employment history; education; certifications; personal interests)
- Social media use and utilization
We collect personal data when you provide it to us directly (e.g., when you submit a contact form through our website or provide us with your business card at a trade show); when generated by your activity on our website and online services (e.g., the amount of time spent on a particular page of our website); when shared with us by our business partners (e.g., email marketing vendors, trade show sponsors, or HR staffing agencies); and when available through publicly-available sources (e.g., information shared by you on LinkedIn).
Use of Personal Data
We collect, use, store, organize, disclose, or otherwise process personal data as described below:
- We process personal data for the purposes for which such personal data was provided. For example, if you share your name and contact information with us when submitting an inquiry or requesting information through our website, we will use this information to respond to you and provide you with the information requested. If you register to access an online portal or other online service requiring registration, we will use the information submitted by you to provide you with access to the relevant service and to maintain your account
- To send you news and information about products and services that may be of interest to you, including to personalize your online service experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website and online services, third-party sites, and via email or text message.
- To send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with PRO-TECH Design, you generally may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website and online services, products, databases and other technology assets.
- For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications. This includes processing for purposes of statistical analysis, including Google Analytics.
- To arrange interviews, consider you for employment, and personnel administration (to the extent you apply for a job through our website and online services).
- Where we have legal obligations to process the personal data and for legal proceedings and government investigations (such as pursuant to warrants, subpoenas, and court legal orders).
- To manage data subject requests.
- For internal investigations of possible misconduct or failure to comply with our policies and procedures.
The applicable legal bases for our processing of your personal data include the following:
- Based on your consent: In some cases, at the point at which you provide personal data, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your personal data. If you provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us as described below. If you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your personal data that has already occurred.
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract: In specific circumstances, we may need to process your personal data to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract with you.
- Our legitimate interest: We may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing, analyzing and improving our interactions with you regarding our products and services.
B. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Data
Non-Personal Data Collected
When you use our website and online services, we also collect certain non-personal data that does not, on its own, identify any individual. The types of non-personal data we collect and process include:
- Log data. When you use or interact with our website and online services, our servers record certain information that is automatically reported by your browser (such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox) or device each time you request our website and online services, or when content is downloaded to your browser or device from our website and online services. This log data includes your IP address; Internet service provider; browser type and settings; device information; referring/exiting URL; request/response date and time; clickstream data; device ID or advertising ID; and data contained in first-party cookies and similar technologies. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal data by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal data.
- Location data. Depending on the website and online services and your computer or device permissions, we may collect information about your device’s approximate (e.g., country or zip code) or precise location.
- Aggregated data. In addition, when we aggregate or anonymize information (including personal data), such aggregated or anonymized information is considered non-personal data for the purposes of this privacy notice.
Use of Non-Personal Data
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal data for any purpose. However, if we combine non-personal data with personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined. We use non-personal data for legitimate business purposes, some of which are described below:
- We collect log data, location data, and cookie data so that we can better understand website user behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We collect information regarding user activities on our website and online services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and website users, and to understand which parts of our website and online services are of most interest.
- We use non-personal data (including log data, location data, and cookie data) to understand and analyze trends, to administer the website and online services, to learn about user behavior on the website and online services, to improve our products and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- We may also collect similar data from emails sent to you to help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the PRO-TECH website and online services. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website and online services. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
II. How Personal Data is Shared and Transferred
We disclose your personal data to third parties who provide us with various business services (e.g., monitoring and maintaining our website or internal business applications, and preparing emails).
These service providers and contractors are restricted from using this personal data in any way other than to provide services on our behalf and subject to our documented instructions only. We may also share your personal data with PRO-TECH affiliates (e.g., for internal administrative purposes or where a PRO-TECH affiliate supports a particular business function).
We may also disclose information we collect to legal counsel, law enforcement, and other appropriate authorities in special cases, including: (i) when we have a reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring a legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights and property or those of any other person; or (ii) when we believe that it is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
III. How We Protect Personal Data
We provide reasonable technical, physical, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal data, including safeguards designed to protect personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed which may lead to physical, material or non-material damage. To the extent appropriate or required by applicable law, these security measures include:
- Access to personal data is limited to authorized employees and service providers who need access to perform the activities described in this privacy notice on our behalf.
- Personal data is anonymized where appropriate or required by law, and sensitive personal data transferred to or stored on any mobile device is encrypted using industry-accepted encryption solutions.
- PRO-TECH personnel engaged in the processing of personal data are informed of the confidential nature of personal data, receive appropriate training on their responsibilities, and are obligated pursuant to PRO-TECH policy to maintain the confidentiality of personal data.
- The effectiveness of PRO-TECH security measures is regularly tested, assessed, and evaluated to ensure the ongoing security of processing systems.
- Internet-connected databases containing personal data are monitored for unauthorized intrusions using network-based and/or host-based intrusion detection mechanisms.
- Service providers and other third parties engaged by us to process personal data on our behalf are contractually obligated to process personal data only on our documented instructions and must provide similar security measures as those used by PRO-TECH or as required under applicable law.
Although we strive to provide reasonable and appropriate security for the personal data we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. In particular, email or forms sent using our website and online services may not be secure. You should take special care before deciding to send us information via email. Further, if you create an account through our website and online services, it is your responsibility to protect your access credentials from unauthorized access or use.
IV. How You can Opt-Out of Data Collection/Usage
You have various rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer and processing of your personal data, as described below. However, we reserve the right to limit these rights at any time where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. To exercise any of the rights below, please contact PRO-TECH for the processing of your personal data using the applicable
contact information below.
Changing Your Information
You may request to review, update, or have deleted any personal information collected from you through our website or online services. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to review or update your personal information, or to have us delete your personal information.
You may make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com.
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before such withdrawal.
Opt-Outs Available from Our Partners
Some of our partners allow users to opt-out of their collection of information. Some of our partners provide information on controlling cookies. For more information, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display
Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that PRO-TECH does not control any of the opt-out links above we are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
V. Links to Third-Party Websites
VI. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
PRO-TECH reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we change it, we will post the updated notice on our website, and it will be effective as of the date posted. Your continued use of our website and online services following the posting of changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
VII. Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. California
residents may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, our use of your personal data, or your rights
with respect to such use, please contact us using the contact information below:
PRO-TECH Design & Manufacturing
14561 Marquardt Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored by your browser when you visit or interact with our website and online services. These cookies are then sent back unchanged to the party that served the cookie each time you visit or interact with our website and online services (which includes our ads on third-party sites) for the party that served the cookie to recognize your browser or device. Cookies are either first-party cookies or third-party cookies. “First-party cookies” are sent to your browser by the party that operates the site you are visiting (e.g., cookies served by PRO-TECH when you visit our website). “Third-party cookies” are sent to your browser by any party other than the party that operates the site you are visiting (e.g., cookies sent by our online partners, such as Google Analytics, when you visit our website).
- Statistical Identifiers. Statistical identifiers refer to identifiers created using certain device information and log data. Collectively, this information makes your browser or device sufficiently distinct for a server or similar system to reasonably determine that it is encountering the same browser or device over time. Statistical identifiers enable us and our partners to uniquely identify your browser or device for the same purposes as cookies. Statistical identifiers may be associated with your personal data (such as your email address). However, if we associate nonpersonal data with personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined.
II. How Cookies and Similar Technologies are Used
Cookies and similar technologies used on our website and online services (including the information
obtained through such use) fall into four categories:
Our website and online services utilize first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies that are necessary to operate our business and maintain our website and online services, including verifying and authenticating website users; preventing fraud and securing our website and online services and databases; enabling users to move around our website and online services and use their features; and complying with applicable laws and industry standards. These cookies and similar technologies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or tracking your browsing activity. This category of cookies generally cannot be disabled.
Our website and online services may utilize first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies to provide enhanced features and remember user preferences, including identifying return users when visiting our website (e.g., to remember your login credentials); keeping track of user preferences, interests, and past items viewed or utilized (e.g., preferred language or past purchases); and providing social features that allow users to interact with social media services through our website and online services (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook or YouTube).
Our website and online services may utilize first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies for analytics and market research purposes, including analyzing how users arrive at and engage with our website and online services; tracking and measuring the performance and effectiveness of our website and online services; optimizing the location of ads, website features, and other content on our website and online services; statistical reporting in connection with website activity; analyzing user preferences and behaviors and market characteristics and trends in order to develop and improve our products and services, websites, and ads; segmenting audiences to test features of our website and online services; and conducting research about our customers, products, and online services.
Our website and online services may utilize first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies to deliver, track, and measure ads both on and off our website and online services, including ads relevant to your interests (e.g., ads based on your past interaction with our website or based on predictions about your interests derived from your browsing activities on different websites over time); and ads based on your location, demographics, or device characteristics. Cookies are also used for tracking and measuring the reach and frequency of ads and regulating the delivery of such ads (e.g., capping the number of times you see a particular ad).
We may use vendors and other online partners to perform some of the Essential, Performance, Analytics, and Advertising activities described above, including to provide audience measurement and analytics services, to serve ads on our behalf on our website and online services and on thirdparty sites, and to track and report on the performance of such ads. These online partners may use third-party cookies and similar technologies to collect and store certain log data, location data,
For example, we may use third-party cookies to deliver our ads on third-party websites through a common form of online advertising known as “retargeting.” Retargeting works by serving ads on one website based on an individual’s activities on a different website (e.g., if you view a product or service on our website, you may later see ads for our products and services when you visit a thirdparty website). To do this, we allow our online partners (such as Google or other ad network vendors) to serve their own third-party cookies when users visit our website and online services, allowing these online partners to recognize users who have previously visited our website and online services. When these users visit a third-party website that includes features provided by our online partners (e.g., where our online partners have purchased ad space), our online partners can recognize the users’ interest in our products and services and deliver one of our ads on the thirdparty website.
IV. Your Cookie Choices
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, browsers typically allow individuals to remove or block browser cookies if they choose. For more information on blocking and removing browser cookies, please review your browser’s Settings or Preferences tab.
In addition to removing and blocking browser cookies generally, the following opt-out mechanisms may be available if our website and online services utilize the third-party cookies listed below:
- Google Analytics. Our website and online services may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics utilizes cookies and similar technologies to collect and analyze information about the performance and use of our website and online services. More information on Google Analytics can be found here. If you would like to opt-out of having your information collected and used as described, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here.
- Google Remarketing. Our website and online services may use Google’s Remarketing with Google Analytics to allow Google to use information about your visits to our website and online services and other unaffiliated websites to measure advertising effectiveness and serve ads about our products and services that may be of interest to you. As described above, Google places its own cookies when users visit our website and online services which enable Google to recognize users who have previously visited our website and online services when such users visit other unaffiliated sites that also use Google’s services and cookies. More information on Google’s Remarketing with Google Analytics can be found here. If you would like to opt-out of having your information collected and used as described, please use the Google Analytics optout available here.
- Interest Based Advertising. Our website and online services may use first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies for targeted advertising based on user interests, demographics, and past browsing activity. If you would like to opt-out of having your information collected and used by us for these purposes, please visit: here or here if you’re in the United States.
The list above identifies some of the third-party cookies we may use on our website and online services. However, we may use other third-party cookies and similar technologies on our website and online services that are not listed here. This list is subject to change at any time and without notice.
V. Social Plugins
VI. Do Not Track (DNT)
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that currently our website and online services do not respond to these signals from web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected.
In order to manage the cookies conset you can set it by clicking Cookie settings